EMC CX-4G10-450 2/4Gb/s 450GB 10k RPM FC Hard Drive 005048954, 118032663-A01
- Brand: EMC
- Part # : 005048954, 118032663-A01
- :: Interface: Fibre Channel
- :: Capacity: 450GB
- :: RPM: 10,000 RPM
- :: Interface Speed: 2/4 Gb/s
- :: MPN: CX-4G10-450
- :: Other PN:
- :: 005048954
- :: 005049115
- :: 005048974
- :: 005049164
- :: 005049689
- :: 005049682
- :: 118032663-A01
- :: ST3450802FC
- :: Form Factor: 3.5″ with tray
- :: Platform Compatibility: EMC CX3, CX4
- Condition: Manufacturer refurbished
- Warranty: 1 (one) year Tekmart warranty
Key points to note on these 005048954 EMC FC Drives:-
Maximize the performance of your EMC CX3 or CX4 series SAN. The EMC CX-4G10-450 / 005048954 / 118032663-A01 is a 450GB 2/4Gb/s 10k RPM FC hard drive. All EMC hard drives sold by Tekmart are previously used, fully-tested and backed by a 1 (one) year warranty against defects.
- :: The CX-4G10-450 is also known as Part numbers 005048954,118032663-A01.
- :: Various EMC 450GB 10K hard drives are manufactured by Seagate with the unique part number ST3450802FC.
EMC CLARiiON CX-4G10-450 450 GB 10k RPM Drives
- :: The EMC CLARiiON CX-4G10-450 10,000 revolutions per minute (RPM) 450 GB hard disk drives dramatically increase performance through improvements in disk operations such as rotational latency and seek rates – the factors that most directly affect access times.
- :: The 450 GB 10k RPM hard disk drives deliver 3.9 ms average read seek times and 2.98 ms average rotational latency times – both the fastest available for drives of these capacities available on the market.
Applications of the 450 GB 10k RPM Drives CX-4G10-450, 005048954, 118032663-A01
- :: Using the 10k RPM drives such as part numbers CX-4G10-450, 005048954, 118032663-A01, in applications that use small block, random I/O is an important factor in realizing higher performance benefits.
- :: These applications have a tendency to minimize any caching advantages of the storage system. In addition, with applications such as these, the physical access to data on the disk has the greatest effect on overall performance.
- :: These small block, random I/O applications reap the greatest benefits from storage-system performance improvements achieved through the drive’s improved seek and rotational latency times.
CX-4G10-450 / 005048954 / 118032663-A01 EMC 450GB 10k RPM FC HDD Common Applications
- :: OLTP
- :: e-commerce
- :: ERP
- :: Database
- :: Web Server
- :: E-mail
- :: Data Replication
EMC CX-4G10-450 / 005048954 /118032663-A01 Enabling Technologies
These performance breakthroughs are made possible as a result of improved HDD spindle motors, as well as head / media designs that allow the disk media surface to rotate at incredible speeds. The improvements include:
- :: Advanced ferro-fluid bearing design to limit heat buildup and reduce power requirements.
- :: Advanced motor stator design to improve power-to-revolution ratios and also limit heat buildup.
- :: Improved head / disk interfaces, which allow for higher rotational speeds and improved head flying height performance and stability.
This drive is compatible with the following EMC Clariion storage systems ...