00NA301 IBM 1.2-TB 10K 12G 2.5 SAS G3HS 512e SED
- Brand: IBM
- Part #: 00NA301
- Condition: Brand New
- Warranty: 2 year manufacturer warranty
An overview on SED drives:
IBM® 300 GB, 600 GB, 900 GB, 1.2 TB, and 1.8 TB 10,000 rpm and 15,000 rpm 12 Gbps and 6 Gbps 2.5-inch hot-swap and simple-swap SAS hard disk drives (HDDs), hybrid drives, and self-encrypting drives (SEDs) can provide multiple options to meet storage performance and capacity requirements while offering various features to address more specific needs.
These new drives are 512 emulation (512e), a new drive technology to increase drive capacity while maintaining data integrity. All SAS drives are RoHS compliant.
HDD, SED, and hybrid drive features include:
- 10,000 rpm and 15,000 rpm HDDs deliver SAS HDD reliability and largest capacity performance in the IBM HDD family.
- SAS drive-to-host interface supports up to 12.0 Gbps burst rate, which can be achieved when the drive is used on a System x® server with 12 Gbps devices and infrastructure.
- 2.5-inch, slim-line form factor optimizes storage capacity.
- Software utilities allow for Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology (S.M.A.R.T.) to alert you of certain impending drive failures so that replacements can be made.
- Hot-swap and simple-swap versions of the IBM SAS 2.5-inch HDDs and hybrid drives are available. SEDs are available in hot-swap versions.
- One-year warranty is included.
- For optimal performance with 512e drives, the host system software stack must be 512e aware. For more information, reference IBM's Advanced Format Redpaper™.
Hybrid drive features include:
- Formatted capacity of 300,000 MB or 600,000 MB
- 32,000 MB (32 GB) NAND flash to cache "hot data"
- Spindle speed up to 15,000 rpm
- Fine-tuning of storage tiering by caching at the I/O level
SED features include:
- Drive-level AES 256 encryption
- Safeguard against costly security breaches and exposure of proprietary data if a hard drive is stolen or lost
- Rich security options to help ensure compliance with data security, information disclosure, and privacy regulations for data at rest
- Ability to securely erase data for disk disposition, redeployment, or service calls
- Encryption functionality (supported when used in conjunction with supported ServeRAID controllers and optional Advance Feature Keys)
- MegaRAID Management Suite (MSM), which offers a quick and simple configuration path to disk encryption and also assists with local key management
- Compatibility with Security Key Lifecycle Manager (SKLM) for System x, which offers centralized, automated, and simple encryption key management of SEDs in local and distributed System x environments.
About this this drive::
IBM 1.2TB Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) 2.5-inch
12Gb/s 10K SFF G3HS 512e SED Hot-Swap Hard Drive
IBM Part# 00NA301
This SED is designed to reduce the vulnerability of data at rest to potentially costly exposures of proprietary data resulting from Hard Drives being stolen, misplaced, or improperly disposed. Ideal for small and medium or distributed large enterprise businesses, IBM 1.2TB SAS 2.5-inch G3HS SED provides cost-effective advanced data security with AES 128 disk encryption.
This SED offering also provides optimal 12 Gbps Hot-Swap SAS capability for your high-performance and high-availability System x environment.
||G3HS SFF SAS
||Serial Attached SCSI 3
|HDD Form Factor
|Data Transfer Rate
|This IBM SED drive with Part # 00NA301 is compatible with these servers:
Below is a representation of an IBM X3650 M5 server designed for these drives.