IBM 5899 PCIe2 4-Port 1 GbE Adapter FRUs: N99093 00RX892
- Brand: IBM
- IBM Part Number(s): 00RX892, FC EL11, CCIN 576F
- Alt. IBM Part Number(s) / Identifiers:
- :: 74Y4064
- :: 5899-82XX
- :: 00E1652
- :: 00E1681
- :: 00E2873
- :: 00RX893
- :: 00RX898
- :: 5899
- :: 701x-EL11
- :: Type: Server Network Adapter
- :: Ports: 4 x 1GBE ethernet ports
- :: Wrap Plug Part Number(s): 10N7405
- :: Form Factor: Full Height Bracket
- Condition: New
- Warranty: 1 (one) year Tekmart warranty
Key points to note on these 00RX892 IBM Network adapters :-
- :: These PCIe2 4-port 1 GbE Adapter are full-height, generation-2 PCIe adapters.
- :: These adapters provide four 1-Gb Ethernet ports that can be configured to run at 1000 megabits per second (Mbps) (or 1 gigabit per second.
- :: FC 5260, FC EL4M, FC 5899, and FC EL4L are the same adapter with different feature codes.
- :: FC 5260 and EL4M are low-profile adapters and the FC 5899 and EL4L are full-height adapters.
- :: These adapters provide four 1-Gb Ethernet ports that can be configured to run at 1000 megabits per second (Mbps) (or 1 gigabit per second (Gbps)), 100 Mbps, or 10 Mbps.
- :: The adapter connects to a network that uses unshielded twisted pair (UTP) cable for distances of up to 100 meters (328.08 feet).
- :: The adapter supports AIX® Network Installation Management (NIM) boot capability.
- :: The adapter conforms to the IEEE 802.3ab 1000Base-T standard. The adapter supports jumbo frames when running at the 1000 Mbps speed.
Each of the Ethernet ports can be connected by using:
- :: CAT5e (or later) UTP cables for 1000 Mbps network attachment
- :: CAT5 or CAT3 UTP cables for 100 Mbps or 10 Mbps network attachment
The cables are attached to the copper RJ45 connectors. Each port is independent of one another and supports full-duplex or half-duplex.
Tekmart Support Caveat:
The half-duplex mode does not support a speed of 1000 Mbps.