Pillar Axiom 600
Pillar Axiom Hardware Overview
Pillar Axiom System Components
The Pillar Axiom system provides SAN and NAS connectivity to a common pool of storage. The system is modular. The three major system components are:
- :: Pilot management controller
- :: Slammer storage controllers
- :: Brick storage enclosures Slammers and Bricks communicate using a highly redundant Storage System Fabric (SSF).
Slammers and Bricks have:
- :: Redundant power supplies and fans
- :: Front and back LEDs that provide system and component identification and status
- :: Built-in RAS: reliability, availability, and serviceability
- :: Field replaceable units (FRUs)
The system components fit into a Pillar-supplied rack or a standard D?class 4?post 19?inch rack. Larger configurations require multiple adjacent racks. The Pillar Axiom system continually monitors all hardware components for proper operation and fault status.
Intel SSDSC2BB300G4 S3500 Series 300 Gb Ssd
4GB 2RX4 PC2-5300F-555-11
67TMT – Dell PowerVault PowerEdge 2TB 7.2K SAS 3.5 – 9YZ268-046