Hitachi Data Systems
HGST, Inc. (formerly Hitachi Global Storage Technologies) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Western Digital that sells hard disk drives, solid-state drives, and external storage products and services.
Hard drives and solid-state drives
Decoding the meaning of the different classes of Hitachi drives and their intended uses
- Ultrastar – Enterprise-class line of 3.5-inch and 2.5-inch HDDs with SCSI, Fibre Channel, SAS, and SATA interfaces; and a line of 3.5-inch and 2.5-inch Fibre Channel and SAS SSDs.
- Deskstar – Desktop-class line in 3.5-inch form factor with SATA interfaces.
- Travelstar – Mobile-class line in 2.5-inch form factor with SATA interfaces.
- Endurastar – Ruggedized line in 2.5-inch form factor with PATA or SATA interfaces, primarily for automotive applications.
- Cinemastar – 3.5-inch and 2.5-inch form factors, optimized for consumer electronics applications requiring quiet operation and streaming support