IBM Storwize® V-Series storage systems supports a range of hard disk drives (HDDs) and solid-state drives (SSDs).
Only drives sold as Storwize V-Series options are supported. These include drives in 2.5 in. (6.35 cm) Small Form Factor (SFF) and 3.5 in. (8.89 cm) Large Form Factor (LFF) sizes.
To provide redundancy, each drive has two ports that connect to each canister.
A drive object represents a physical drive. The Storwize V-Series system creates the objects automatically according to what is detected on the serial-attached SCSI (SAS) fabric.
When the Storwize V-Series detects a new drive, a drive ID is assigned.
When a drive is moved between drive slots, the drive ID is maintained unless its Use property is Unused. The Use attribute determines if the drive can be formed into an array.
The system supports the following drive technology types:
- SAS SSD: A solid-state drive (SSD) that uses flash memory.
- SAS HDD: An enterprise hard disk drive.
- SAS NEARLINE HDD: A nearline hard disk drive.
If unsure of the type of hard drive for your particular Srorwize storage, please drop us a mail or call us on 0861 711 712 (within RSA) or (+2711)027 6793 (international). Our support team will gladly assist you in selecting the correct solution.
**When ordering parts, please have the 7-digit part number available at the time the order is being placed.
- Marketing part numbers are used to purchase a product as an additional accessory or upgrade for your computer.
- Field replacement unit (FRU) part numbers are service part numbers used to replace a defective part currently installed or attached to your computer.**